Tuesday 18 March 2014

Interview # 3 : Head of Debating Society Saliha Wahaj


You all know her. Maybe not by name but I can assure you that you all can recognise her from a mile away. Saliha Wahaj is in the second year of her A levels at AGAL. She’s a brilliant student  who has  a love for public speaking, .Saliha and her friends are incredibly well known at AGAL and can be found playing a round of truth or dare (they’re famous for them dares), messing around in the gym, or just chilling in the cafeteria. They’re all incredibly different but manage to get on pretty well with one another (must be their mutual love for Imran Khan and Cricket). What you must NEVER do is taunt them. Or pick a fight with any of them. It could be the last thing you ever do (no, really). Let’s see if we can find out more about Saliha and her friends with a few more of them interviews. :D

Interview # 3 : Head of Debating Society Saliha Wahaj



Sam: Hi Saliha! How’re you?
Saliha: Hello! I’m good, Alhamdulillah. What about you?
Sam: I’m great! Okay, so how old are you?
Saliha: I’m 18 ¾.
Sam: Who is your favourite teacher here at AGAL and why?
Saliha: My favourite is our Economic teacher; Sir Naveed. He has been incredibly supportive of us all for the past two years. Teachers like that are very difficult to come across. He’s very kind and helpful and well-he’s simply the best!
Sam: I agree; Sir Naveed is my favourite teacher too. Economics class is always so much fun!
Sam: Okay Saliha, what was the last argument you had about?
Saliha: The last argument I had was with my friend Rimel because she was being sensitive and touchy over little things.
Sam: Oh! What superhero would you be?
Saliha: I’d be Batman.
Sam: Would you rather go to Narnia or Hogwarts?
Saliha: Hogwarts.

 vs

Sam: Do you prefer McDonalds or Kfc?
Saliha: McDonald’s duhh
Sam: Ooh here’s a tricky one! The cafeteria auntie’s shawarma vs. her biryani.
Saliha: I like her biryani better!
Sam: What’s your favourite movie?
Saliha: The Dark Knight rises.
Sam: What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Saliha: *laughs* we egged a couple of people this once.
Sam: We? I suppose you’re referring to your group of friends?
Saliha: That’s right.
Sam: Okay now you’ve got to say the first thing that comes to your mind when I say these words. Ready?
Saliha: Yes.
Sam: Antidisestablishmentarianism.
Saliha: *frowns* Is that something to do with Economics?
Sam: Uh noo. Next one: Random!
Saliha: Rimel!
Sam: Bazinga!
Saliha: “stares at me in disbelief” What language is that?
Sam: As much as I love you Saliha, I can’t believe you don’t know where what bazinga is. What sadness.


Sam: So what would you like to read about on the school blog?
Saliha: What the Blog really needs is some good posts regarding school, religion and just things in general that everyone encounters.
Sam: Ooh yes! Will definitely keep that in mind for once we’re done with our interviews! Okay last question: who is your biggest enemy?
Saliha: From school?
Sam: Um..sure
Saliha: Why I tell you.
Sam: Why I tell you?
Saliha: *nods, as if that settles the matter* Why I tell you.
Sam: Hahaha. Okay, Saliha! Thank you so much for your time!
Saliha: You’re welcome.




-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment