Sunday 9 February 2014

University Expo 2014

University Expo 2014


Just another typical Monday morning and we’re on our way to school.
“So you have your exams in May, now?” my dad inquires as we turn onto the main road.
“Yes. I’m giving Economics, Psychology and Maths, so I’ll probably be free by the middle of June” I reply.
“Have you decided what field you want to further a career in? I know you’re only in your first year of A'levels but shouldn't you have started deciding by now?” Dad stops the car outside the school gate and I get ready to hop out.
“I’m still thinking,” I answer casually, but the surprised look on my Dad’s face gets me thinking.

I think, and I think. I sit through first period Maths weighing out my options. Where do I want to go now? What career do I want to pursue in the future?

Several hours later and I’m still on square one. My research on a school computer yields no result- except perhaps giving me a couple of intimidating university prospectuses to look at. I slouch on the chair and sigh. I am officially stuck!

And then I hear some voices. “….Yeah, I’m so glad. I haven’t got the faintest idea about all these deadlines and admission forms. Good thing we’re having that University Expo thing on Saturday”. I look up and see a couple of girls from my maths class walk in.
“What’s with this university expo?” I ask, not daring to hope.
“You haven’t heard? The school is calling in representatives from different universities to set up stalls this weekend. It’s like an open day where we can call in friends and family who want to learn about the different opportunities open to them after they have completed their A’levels. What’s more, students who have already applied will get a better look at all of the Universities they have applied to. We get to ask questions, find out about all the admissions and entry tests, and they give us cool freebies to keep-like pamphlets and stationary.”



Yes. So now you’re all welcome to Beaconhouse AGAL, (211 Service Lane, Main Margalla Road F-10/3 Islamabad) to join us at our exclusive University Expo. Timings? From ten in the morning to three in the afternoon- so that you have plenty of time to have all your questions answered!

Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get all the necessary information regarding University applications, Admissions and Programmes, this Saturday the 15th of February! Bring your friends, bring your family-the invite is extended to anyone else who will benefit from the cause! :D 

For more information, contact Beaconhouse AGAL at 051-2292304.

-Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment